Introductory Lessons On Ethics And Civility 2021
This course will satisfy your 4.0 Ethics credits requirement.
What’s New for 2021 on Ethics?
Civility in Everyday Lawyering:
– What Are the Basic Lessons to Be Learned?
– Colloquium on Ethics and Civility
A sound ethical compass and a civil and professional demeanor are the hallmarks of successful and respected attorneys in all areas of practice. This four-hour program
will provide attendees with an update on developments in the area of attorney ethics, including the most recent case law. The rules of civility will be discussed, with emphasis on practical pointers for dealing with uncivil adversaries and civility issues within the law firm. The program will conclude with a discussion of real life hypotheticals by a panel of distinguished practitioners and jurists – certain to benefit attorneys in all substantive areas of practice. Don’t miss this opportunity to obtain 4.0 MCLE Ethics credits at this lively and thought provoking program, which is annually one of NYSBA’s best attended CLE seminars.
Who Should Attend:
Attorneys of all levels of experience, across all subject matter disciplines.
• “One of the best CLE programs I have ever attended!”
• “Colloquium was excellent!”
• “Excellent format, lecture and panel!”
• “This 4-point ethics program is great!”
Faculty are listed below. Please note that additional faculty are going to be added as soon as they are confirmed.
- October 29, 2021
- 9:00 AM
- 1:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Speaker;Program Chair: Vincent J. Syracuse, Esq., Founding Partner, Tannenbaum Helpern Syracuse & Hirschtritt LLP, NYC
- Speaker: John P. Mastando III, Partner in Weil’s Complex Commercial Litigation Practice group and Co-Head of the Firm’s Insurance Litigation Practice
- Speaker: Justice Tanya R. Kennedy, Appellate Division, First Department of the State of New York
- Speaker: Danielle C. Lesser, Esq., Partner, Morrison Cohen LLP; Chair, Business Litigation Department
- Speaker: Mark C. Zauderer, Esq., Senior Partner, Ganfer, Shore, Leeds & Zauderer LLP
- Speaker: Hal R. Lieberman, Esq., Partner, Emery Celli Brinckerhoff & Abady LLP
- Committee On Continuing Legal Education
- Committee On Attorney Professionalism
- Commercial & Federal Litigation Section